To forward an email that you are reading, you choose Forward from the Reply drop-down list.
Once you choose Forward, a window will pop open below the body of the incoming email. The From Name field will be auto-filled with the the name you entered in the My Preferences Screen.
To add email addresses to the TO, CC, and BCC fields, start typing the name of the contact in your Aero account. You will be given a list of emails matching that name. You can add more than one email address in each box by adding a comma and then typing a new name to search. You can also just type or paste an email address.
You can choose an Email Template to place in the Body of the email. The template will be inserted above your signature.
The body of the email will have your email signature (set up in My Preferences) at the top. The incoming email thread will be below that. To see more of the email body, click the black triangle in the lower-right corner of the email body to enlarge it.
Below the body of email, you will see some Aero information. Some of the fields will be autofilled with the choices you made in My Preferences. You can make changes as needed.
- Type – The Aero Type assigned to the email
- Company – The client or other company the email should be associated with.
- Project – The Aero project the email should be associated with.
- Hat – the Hat for this email.
- Billable – whether or not this email should be marked as hourly billable.
- Time Note – the notes that will be associated with the current time entry. Auto-fills with “Read Email” and the subject of the email.
- Add Comment – add an internal comment to the email. This comment will only be seen by other team members.
At the bottom of the screen, you will see the green timer button, automatically tracking time associated with reading the email. When you are ready to forward the email, click the timer button to see your options.
- Pause – Pause the timer.
- Reset – Reset the timer to 00:00:00
- Save & Complete – Save the incoming email, without forwarding.
- Defer – Defer the incoming email without forwarding. If you pick this option, you will be giver the option of deferring it to a later date, deferring it to another Team Member, and adding a deferred reason.
- Defer & Save Reply – Save the incoming email, save the draft of the forward, and defer the forward.
- Save & Send – Save the incoming email, save your forward, and forward the email.
- Edit Time – Edit the timer.