To read an email in your Aero List, simply click on the envelope icon. The Read Email window will open with the subject of the email in blue at the top and the name of the contact that sent the email below that.
Click the “i” to see more information about the incoming email. An information box will pop up with the date the email was sent, the from email, the to email(s), and the cc and bcc email(s).
Click the Reply button to reply to the sender.
The dropdown menu on the reply button has several choices:
- Reply – Reply only to the sender of the email.
- Reply to ALL – Reply to everyone who received the original email.
- Forward – Forward the email to someone who didn’t receive the original.
- Delete Email – Delete the email from Aero. Once an email is imported into Aero, you can delete it in Office 365/Gmail without affecting the copy in Aero. You can likewise delete an email in Aero without affecting the copy in Office 365/Gmail.
- Open in Gmail – open and view this email in Gmail. This is how you can view attachments. Only available if your Aero account is linked to Google Apps.
- Create related Aero Task – Create a new Aero task that will autofill with information from this email. The task will also have a Related Aero tab where users will be able to see the email.
- Create Related Aero Appointment – Create a new Aero appointment that will autofill with information from this email. The appointment will also have a Related Aero tab where users will be able to see the email.
- Create Related Email – Create a new email that will autofill with information from this email. The new email will also have a Related Aero tab where users will be able to see the original email.
If there is an attachment, you will see the name of the attachment below the body. Currently, you need to open the email in either Gmail or Office 365 to see the attachment.
Below the body of email, you will see some Aero information. Some of the fields will be autofilled with the choices you made in My Preferences. Some will be auto-filled based on the sender’s email address. You can make changes as needed.
- Type – The Aero Type assigned to the email
- Company – The client or other company the email should be associated with.
- Project – The Aero project the email should be associated with.
- Hat – the Hat for this email.
- Billable – whether or not this email should be marked as hourly billable.
- Time Note – the notes that will be associated with the current time entry. Auto-fills with “Read Email” and the subject of the email.
- Add Comment – add an internal comment to the email. This comment will only be seen by other team members.
At the bottom of the Read Email screen, you will see the green timer button, automatically tracking time associated with reading the email. When you are done reading and maybe replying to the email, click the timer button to see your options.
- Pause – Pause the timer.
- Reset – Reset the timer to 00:00:00
- Save & Complete – Save the incoming email, without replying.
- Defer – Defer the incoming email without replying. If you pick this option, you will be given the options of deferring it to a later date, deferring it to another Team Member, and adding a deferred reason.
- Defer & Save Reply – Save the incoming email, save the draft reply and defer the reply. The draft reply will appear on your Aero list as an orange envelope.
- Save & Send – Save the incoming email, save your reply, and send the reply.
- Edit Time – Edit the timer.