There are a few things to check on when your Aero time entries don’t seem to be syncing to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Aero account is set up to send time to your QBO account. Go to Setup > My Company and make sure that the “Auto Sync Time” box is checked. If Auto Sync Time is not checked, but you approved some time entries to sync to QBO with the Batch Update Time feature, continue to #2.
- Check to make sure that you have time tracking in your QBO account. Time tracking is only available in QBO Plus.
- Make sure that each team member is linked to their corresponding QBO entity. Go to Setup > Team Members and click the View button to edit a team member. On the upper right side of the screen, there’s a field called QuickBooks Entity with a dropdown list. Choose the team member’s Employee or Vendor Entity from the list. If their name is not on the list, you will need to add them as an Employee or Vendor in your QBO file, go to Admin > QBO Sync to sync the information to Aero, and then link them to their QBO entity in Setup > Team Member.
- Check the log. Go to Admin > Manage QuickBooks to see if there errors. Here’s a list of common QBO error messages and what they mean. If you need help in understanding them, please feel free to contact support.
- Check to see if the time was actually synced. Go to Manage > Time and click the For QBO Sync toggle button. You will see a list of all time entries with their time notes. The far right column is Sync– if the time was successfully synced to your QBO account, OK will be entered in this column next to the time entry.
- Check whether the time is in the Weekly Timesheets in QBO. Only time that is marked as Billable will show up as a time charge on a customer account. To check the timesheets in QBO navigate to Plus sign > Employees > Weekly Timesheet. Even time that is not marked as Billable will show up here.